Monday, March 23, 2009

Frida

"Frida" was an empowering film reguarding woman. To me it embraced the strength and capabilites a female obtains. Frida, is an inspirational individual that expresses her emotions through painting. She creates these amazing pieces of work as a result of her own experiences. From heartache to physical trama, she stayed strong through it all, living as if everyday was her last. Her painting reflected pain yet as the same time provoked a sweetness. Being a woman I admire her perserverence and cherish her work because it gives off a sense of strength. She gives me faith that no matter the obstacle, overcoming it is not the impossible. Espeacially during the time period of her work, she symbolized hope for oppressed woman. I enjoyed this film. It concentrated on the importance of woman and their capibilites. Woman fight with the fact that today in society they are portrayed as inferior. We make 70 cents to every dollar a man does. Men are "dominent" and control. Only men can with stand a serious amount of physical pain. What Frida did was prove these obnoxious stero types to be false. She was in control and answered to no one but herself. Her husband was the one who came running back to her. She is role model in her actions alone.

3 comments:

  1. I do agree with you when it comes to how Frita is as a woman in this time period but I would have to disagree with you when it comes to her paintings. Personaly I didn't admire her work it didnt really catch my eye yes I do think what she painted was insirable to woman because she painted about the situations she had in herlife but over all I myself didnt really feel anything when looking at her paintings. If it wasn't for the movie I don't think i would have fely sadness when I looked at her paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with you Amena. I always say that women have qualities that are so admirable and wonderful. It is women who always seem to hold things together. However this is usually done by sticking to traditional roles the complete opposite of Frida. Women have a certain grace to them, a way to overcome obstacles just like as Frida did. It was her story that proved the attributes a woman contains, but just in an unconventional manner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an excellent reaction, and I admore Frida as well.

    Grade: 4/4

    ReplyDelete