Monday, March 16, 2009

Effects of Divorce on Children

Divorce can be a huge transition for most children. Its a dramatic change that forever changes an individual. Children become emotionally strained and burdened due to their parents actions. We are all born loving both our mother and father unconditionally, but what happens when a seperation takes place and its up to the child, who they want to live with or who do they "love" more. Pressure, like that, is thrown on children due to there parents inability to acknowledge the fact that a "child" should not be faced to make that choice. The divorce rate in America as of 2008 is higher than ever before, with the population rate greatly increasing. In my opinion I don't think marriage is a good idea. It gets to messy and a lot of people say that it destroys a relationship. I look forward to having children one day but realize that I have to be ready and know what I am getting in to. Children exposed to divorce are tramitized whether it be loss of contact between one parent or finacial conflict concerning child support and what not. A child is no longer a child experiencing such a drastic change. It results in stripping them of their innocence and forcing them to grow up to fast. There not able to appreciate the good times they had with "mommy" and "daddy". Maybe Americans need to re-think before they exchange vowes and say the words "I do"

6 comments:

  1. I think this was a good blog. I can also relate to it because my parents got a divorce from when I was young. I understand what your saying how parents always make you choose between them. I guess they really cant feel what the kids feel, especially if their parents never got a divorced. I don't want to say I am "tramitized" but i do feel the tension of who i like more. Love? I love my parents both equal because they are good to me. Parents also often do have battles to try to win their childrens love which I think is wrong as well. They always want to be better than the other parent. Divorces are not so great but hey there is a positive as well, you get TWICE the things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your blog. I never experienced the divorce but I have friends who experienced the divorce from their parents and they always questioned me why certian things happen. I don't know what to tell them. In my opinion, every couple should sit down, discuss what their future holds and see how they prevent from getting divorce. It will be harder to explain to their kids than their familes, friends or even their spouse why its time for divorce. America needs to slow things around and make the time worth something before rushing through life as its a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was very interesting. I would say a that watching your parents get divorced at a young age is an emotional roller coaster. Even though my parents are not divorced it is obvious what it must be like for a child. I do know some people who's parents have gotten divorced and I'm sad to say that they are the kids who are "traumatized" or who we call strange today. I'm not saying that every child with divorced parents are like this because we do know people who are fine and had divorced parents. It all depends on how well you take it and how easy the parents make it on you. Its not your responsibility as a child to take part in a divorcement even though in reality a child is a big part of a divorcement. Unless there's a good reason to fight for a child then they shouldn't be involved in it. Another part of your blog is about marriage. I feel that marriage is a good thing and people should get married. But your right everyone should think about their future before getting married. The thing is if your getting married you don't think about how you'll get divorced later on. Usually people who get married know that they want to be by each others side later on in life. I guess divorcement is just something that comes along in life, its unexpected partially because people themselves change and are unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with this article in most parts. I believe that divorce is a horrible thing that is creasing in todays society. I also believe that children get affected the most do to the self distructing things a divorce can do to a child. When two people decide to get married and have children they should both agree on the responsibilities of parent hood and what a separation or divorce would do to the kids. Overall this article makes a lot of good points and explains how divorce is truly going up these days and shows us how kids can get affected by it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do agree with what Amena is saying I can't say that I've been through the same things that kids go through who dont have both parents but parents should think about if they are really going to stay together before they decide to have kids. Some parents are only worried about themselves and of their is a way they can get out of a bad marriage they don't care who else they are hurting. It's upsetting to know that kids have to choose between either their mom or their dad a young kid or even a kid my age can't do that because they love both their parents the same. The kids should know that any fights their parents have, have nothing to do with them its the ignorance of the parents and how they don't think of who they are hurting and how their kids feel about the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I can completely understand why you have strong feelings about divorce, where is your connection to Humanities? This is just a rant.

    Grade: 2/4

    ReplyDelete