Friday, May 8, 2009

Smoking

Ciggerettes are the most unhealthy habit us Americans have. I have been smoking for about 2 1/2 years and i am more ready to quit than ever. The toxants that are used in producing ciggerettes are beyond ones imagination. According to http://www.truth.com/ ciggerettes contain Acetone. Acetone is the same chemical used in nail polish remover. That means that everytime you inhale just imagine "nail polish remover" is being brought into your lungs. Whats scary is that ciggerettes are severly addicting. My mother started smoking when she was 15 and now shes 52. Shes one of the lucky ones. I know a number of people that have died due to smoking. Whether is be lung cancer or emphasima, its heart breaking to know that one day i might loose somebody close to me. I feel hiporictical in a way because I myself smoke reguardless of my knowledge. The thing is though is that so does the rest of America. The government provides surgeon warnings on every pack yet people still continue to buy them. I wonder would that be the same in a different situation. What if we went to the grocery store to by milk and on the container it said " may cause lung cancer", would we still buy it and take the chance. I think so.

4 comments:

  1. I think its a stupid move to smoke. Peroid, people know the effects of smoking and they still do it. In general its a nasty habit I have numerous amounts of family memebers who smoke and they tell me it's "bad for you", "don't do it", "it's a nasty habit." I mean why should I take advice from them when they are being a hipocrite? Not only is it bad for you, and there are excess amounts of chemicals in Ciggerettes. Not only that but it makes someone smell. Their breathe, and hair. Also turn teeth yellow and possibly nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother has been smoking for along time too. Back then the problems of smoking were not as known as it is today. So I cant blame my mom for smoking but I hope she would quit even though I know she wont. I am not a smoker and I could easily get my hands on a cigarette but I don't. Your right it is very dangerous and scary thinking about how you can die because of it. I think I know why people still buy them though. Its the fact that companies still advertise them and people who refuse to quit. Today we were looking at ads in class and someone had one for "Natural cigarettes". It was colorful and did not even seem harmful in the add. Its stuff like this that keeps people buying. Today prices are rising but that does not even affect allot of smokers. You said you think people would even buy milk if it said may cause cancer. I disagree but I don't know how to explain why. Cigarettes are a strange thing because the fact that it can kill doesn't bother some people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Amena I have to give u spelling lessons one day. I agree with you on the issue 100% but both of us are severe hypocrites. Ciggarettes also contain tar, rat poison, and cow manuer.(cow shit) Ciggarettes are one of the greatest exceution weapons the government has aimed at us because of the amounts of death and health issues they cause, and the amount of money that comes because of ciggarettes. Everytime one of us lights up, someone is buried and dollars are made, sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex correcting your spelling on numerous blogs is pretty funny. Does anyone really smoke and say, "Smoking is grrrrrreat!!"

    Grade: 3/4

    ReplyDelete