Friday, May 8, 2009

Abortion YES or NO

Should woman have the right to choose? Most defenitaly yes (..yes i said it joseph ;). My beliefs are based on the fact that I am a woman and circumstances play a role when deciding whether or not to abort a baby. For instance, a woman is raped. She is now both mentally and physically damaged. Now she is pregnant. What does she do? first of all to bring a human being into this world that was produced through such evil intentions is beyond me. What about the child? Having to explain to them who their father is would be impossible. What about the welfare of the mother physcologically. She is forever damaged. Thats when I think it is appropriate for abortion to take place. I understand though that some people are pro-life rather than pro-choice. It could be due to religious beliefs or personal perceptions. I think its only right though for a woman to choose what to do. Its her body, her life. Do i think the whole process is justified? No. I've seen videos of the procedure being done and yes it makes me feel uncomfortable. But the main point is that its going to happen reguardless. Woman were doing it 50 years ago and they are going to do it now

9 comments:

  1. amena, I agree with you because I believe that a women does have the right to choose. Since its her body she chooses weather or not to keep the baby or have an abortion. The example you gave about if a woman was raped then got pregnant is an excellent example. When the child grows up and asks "oh mom who's my dad" shes going to look terrible telling the child "I got raped". I think thats a horrible way of doing that. I know many people are pro-choice and or pro-life and what I believe is that a women should choose. People who are pro-life go by religious beliefs and I have absoulty nothing against that but people have different ways of thinking.

    -muah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on the fence with this one because I am against Pro-choice. I dont think its right to kill another human being over a mistake of ones self.
    In the case of a woman being raped and getting prenant she can always put it up for adoption. But then again its more eaily said then done. Honestly even though I am against pro-choice i think it would be exceptable in this case to get an abortion because if a child is consived through a rape victim its not as good as having the child of the father in their life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amena, i am indeed Pro-life. Children are in my opinion a belssing no matter what the wrapping paper was. I understand that their are situations that are awful, like rape but a child is a child in my views from the moment of conception. Human life has such great potentail and value, acording to the mayo clinic, beased on a womans last period, a heart beat begins on the second week of pregnacy. However the way gestational weeks are acounted for, it falls under the woman's fith or sixth week. Abortion stops beating hearts, becasue if those hearts were not beating, abortion would not be needed. Those children have every right to life just like you and I do. In america if one kills a pregant woman, they go to jail for two counts or murder, so why is it under the "right to choose" a woman can go into a clinic and abort her inccocent child. When people are consernded with the topic of abortion they are constanlty cosidering thier situation and their circumstance but what about the fate of the child, the right for that child to choose for itself. their a twisted irony to it. Isn't their. my viwes are influenced by my religion,greatly and thats why people who are pro-choice and people of all relgion need to get that many pro-life people see an abortion as a destruction of G-d's plan, now there are those who don't belive in G-d and thats fine, but besides the morality that abortion conflicts with on multiple relgious views, theirs the human side one can view the subject though. Its just a very hard subject. In this country 4000 hearts stop everyday,and its legal. I have considred the pro-choice side, and explored the arguments but my heart tells me to stay where i am on this issue. Have you explored the other side? -----Joe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Number one, you spelled abortion wrong my dear friend. Number 2, I agree 100%. Like i posted to Jospeh's blog, Id rather have a life prevented than have the child brought up into a world of darkness, despair, misery, and anger. Most abortions are done because the mother is unable to care for the child and without proper nourturing the child becomes another victim in this world of suffering. Pro choice!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am pro-life and i think its wrong to thave abortion but in a case of rape i think a woman should have her own choice because later on when the baby grows up it will be hard for the mother to explain to the child who the father is. Its easy to say give the child for adoption but when you actually have to give your child away its really hard. So i agree with you i think women should have their own choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you on only some cases. I do think the women has the choice to make her choice on aborting that child. But how about if she doesn't raped and aborts the child?This happens a lot in many cases and they abort babies everyday because they believe they might be to young to be having a kid or don't want to ruin their bodies which angers me hearing this. If a woman gets raped and doesn't want the baby that is 100% fine. But sometimes it would be interesting to have the baby because the baby will become the person he or she becomes by the way you raise them, not by how you had it, but your right because it might be very hard to tell a child how she came about in that case. But otherwise I believe that the women shouldn't really have to much of a choice if she wasn't raped, but thats just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I am glad you inspired much debate, you did not offer anything new.

    Grade: 3/4

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blog was very interesting to read as long as the comments people left due to the fact that for years people have been fighting to take away abortion or to keep it. Abortion i feel shouldnt be taken away due to the fact that your right it is based on the womens choise to keep the baby, yes i feel that it is wrong because the baby isnt living so he/she wouldnt even have a chance to fight for life and stand up for himself. but there are some circumstances such as rap where im sure the victim wouldnt want to be phsyically and emotionally scarred for life. As well as the kid being born into the world not knowing who his/her father was. i know that would be painful and confusing for the child.

    ReplyDelete