Monday, February 23, 2009
unemployment
While I was driving to school this morning listening to the radio I overheard the newscaster talking about how bad our economy is really suffering as a result of this recession.He said that America's unemployment rate is up to 9 percent,which is the highest its been in years. This number will most likely grow as we are not expected to see any major positive changes to our economy until early 2010. Many Americans are beginning to grow impatient with our recently elected president Barrack Obama. They expect instant gratification when the reality is that a problem like this takes time to fix, it doesn't happen overnight. The price of gasoline is again increasing little by little as the price of crude oil is dropping. Everyone is suffering because of this economic problem except for the oil companies who are making record profits. Us Americans need to devlop the patience and tatics we need to pull out of this mess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Amena, it's Joe, the only thing I can say is that the radio was not lying.It is such a scary thing to be witnessing right now in our country. We are supposed to live in the richest and the most wonderful country in the world instead it feels like all of America has been betrayed. I heard as story on Oprah the other day about tent cities, people who lost their homes due to forclosure and ended up living in tents in neighborhood slums. It was so heart wrenching to see, people our age forced to eat out of garbage cans! loosing work is not something that we should not worry about just becuase we happen to be lucky enough to go to school. our parents and the parrants of our freinds could easliy end up in the same situation. I am anticpating the light at the end of the tunnel I can't wait for this economic crisis to be over. Perhaps when it is over we might all sleep just a little bit better.
ReplyDeleteAmena, Saleem speaking. I just want to say i do agree with you. It is not only the Americans its the support of the people who put him in office as well. I think we all knew this was going to happen after bush whether it was Mccain or Obama as President. He is cleaning up a whole big mess Bush caused, But in order to have patience for something good, Obama has to gain the support of the Republicans as well. I think for those who is loosing patience of the whole crisis needs to fall back and give it time, he just started. It has been a little over a month.
ReplyDeleteHey, it's Dennis. And there is nothing but the truth here, on Every part. Our economy is slowly dieing, week by week, if not day by day, but it's not just here, the whole world has bein hit by this economic crisis, Russia, Italy, England, Spain, Franc, ect., all loosing the same stuff as we are. With the people and Obama situation, what can you expect, it's only natural that people want quick results, but everyone needs to understand that all we can do is support our new president, keep informed and not ignorant, and basicly keep their mouths shut and be patient. As for the whole gas thing, guess what I heard might happen, the American government is going to take all the cars, at least in big cities like NY, are gona get "updated" with a new speedomiter that will get taxed on highways by whatever the distance traveled.
ReplyDeleteYou bring up interesting issues, but you don't really explore any of them. This post is well written but vague. What you say about the way Americans view Obama is valid, but you give nothing to back it up.
ReplyDeleteGrade: 3/4